11/16/2010

Christmas Deer

I recently taught a Zindorf Technique class.  I have been corrected by others that Michelle Zindorf did not "invent" the brayer technique, but few people can deny that she does it better than anyone else.  I took her class last year when it got closer to my home here in Memphis.  I had tried my darndest to use my brayer just by reading her tutorials, but seeing it in person was really better.  Learning to "build the scene" and starting the brayer off the paper as you are brayering the ink onto your paper were better seen in person and  not just by reading her blog.

Here is the first card that we did in the class that I taught.  I have found that simpler is better, especially when you are teaching this technique.

I used one of our new Christmas stamps called Nature's Gift as well as a retired set called Beauty of Christmas.  I absolutely love the snow scene and the sun is gorgeous here.  The trees are stamped second generation with black and then I used a white gel pen to add snow to them.  The sky is brayered with Heavenly Blue and then Crystal Blue.  The horizon line is emphasized by sponging with Spring Iris and the snow drifts are made by sponging Lilac Mist at the top of post-it notes that had been torn to look like tops of snowdrifts. When I was designing my card I made lots of snowdrifts and was quite unhappy with the look.  Once again I discovered that less was more and am quite happy with the way this card came out.

My ladies did an awesome job with this card and everyone was pleased with their work.  Of course we all signed them since they are works of art and the person receiving this card will have to be very "card worthy" indeed!

Products Used (CTMH unless indicated)
  • Stamps:  Nature's Gift (C1424) and Beauty of Christmas (B1116)
  • Paper:  Crystal Blue Cardstock (1292), Daisy White Cardstock (1385), Buttercup Cardstock (1271) and Black Cardstock (1386)
  • Inks:  Sorbet (Z2164), Buttercup (Z2110), Heavenly Blue (Z2126), Sunkiss Yellow (Z2150), Spring Iris (Z2148), Lilac Mist (Z2133), Crystal Blue (Z2117) and Black (Z2105)
  • Embellishments:  Signo White Gel Pen
  • Other Products:  Brayer, Lots of 4 x 4 inch post-it notes, Adhesive and Cheap Sponges (Sponge Buddies from Dollar Store) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!