10/29/2011

Boo! Spooky Halloween

I recently participated in a card swap with some good friends and downlines.  I want to share my card with you.  I am SO feelin’ it.  It came out exactly like I hoped it would. I am entering this in the Heart 2 Heart Challenge in the Halloween/Autumn Challenge they are featuring this week.
Halloween card close up
Looks like a whole lot of work, doesn’t it?  Well it isn’t because I used only one stamp set for the scene.  It is the spooky stamp from Backdrop - Charmed (D1490).  I am totally intrigued by all of the intricate stamping in this scene.  Such detail from an acrylic stamp.  Now, I ask you, how cool is that?
I used our Mischief Paper Pack and cut the frame for the scene and the Sunset cardstock for the scene with our Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge (Z1686).  I am getting so spoiled with this cartridge.  I don’t have to have extra punches or do excessive cutting.  I can just cut it out with my Cricut, stamp it, and assemble my projects.  Fast, Simple, and Easy!
Now check out the inside of my card.
inside Halloween card 2
I stamped these scary images from the Stamp Set, All Hallows Eve (C1462) and the words came from the Stamp Set, Fright Night (B1359).  I think stamping the inside of the card really finishes it off.
The frame surrounding the scene was covered with Purple Stickles.  I am so hoping that Close to My Heart comes out with colors like this with the next Idea Book.  I love extra bling on my cards and this fit the bill exactly!  Look at all the sparkling!
Halloween close up
Supplies
  • Inks:  Black (Z2105
  • Paper:  Mischief (X7144B) and Gypsy Cardstock (
  • Stamp Sets:  Backdrop – Charmed (D1490), All Hallows Eve (C1462) and Fright Night (B1359)
  • Tools:  Cricut Art Philosophy Collection (Z1686), Cricut Expressions 2, Sponge Dauber (Z726) and 3-D Foam Tape (Z1151)
  • Embellishments:  Black Grosgrain Ribbon and Lavender Stickles
Hope you all have a safe and Happy Halloween!  If you do not have a Close to My Heart Consultant, I would love if you  purchase these products on my website.

4 comments:

  1. Don't you love it when something turns out as you hope? This is beautiful - thanks for joining us at H2H~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spooktacular! Love it when things work out just right! Thanks for sharing @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card!! Love that stamp... why didn't I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Melinda! I couldn't wait to see what you came up with when I saw you entered the challenge this week at H2H! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!