8/23/2012

Artiste in August - Any Shape Day

Welcome to the 24th day of the Artiste in August Blog Hop.  This is a circular hop and  Pamela O'Connor is the blog in front of mine.  We are a group of Close to My Heart Consultants who are making a different project each day using our brand new Close to My Heart Exclusive Cricut Artiste Collection.  Each day we will be focusing on a different shape or box that you can cut out with the Cricut Artiste cartridge.

I am back!  And I am excited that it is Any Shape Day at the Artiste in August Blog Hop!  I have been totally entranced by this Man's Shirt card found on pg 75 of the Artiste Handbook.  I used the La Belle Vie paper pack because I liked the striped "oxford" look to it when I cut it out into a shirt.  I used the darker La Belle Vie Mauve cardstock in the paper pack for a tie because I just love it and I could see my husband wearing a tie this color.  I cut this card at 5.25" and it can easily fit in a 5.5" x 5.5" envelope or a 6" x 6", both of which I have. What I do like about the Artiste Cartridge is that I can make the envelope as well and each card comes with a corresponding envelope that you can cut out.

There were no instructions with this pattern so I had to eyeball it and figure out how they folded it.  I am hoping that I did it correctly.  I folded the card in half and then noticed that there were actual cuts where the collar was made.  Then if I looked closely I could see where the collar folded over.  I made a decision to fold the collars from  both sides forward so that the back side of the patterned paper would not show.  Then I adhered the collar and tie to the shirt with my Bonding Memories glue pen.  Worked great!


The Cricut Artiste Collection


  • The Cartridge has 700 images - Themed Projects, Cards, Font, and 3-D Items
  • Has 3 My Acrylix D-size Stamp Sets that coordinates perfectly with the shapes cut out by the Artiste
  • Has 3 Coordination 12" x 9" Dimensional Elements Sheets including a Mini Album
Contact me today to get the entire collection  for just $99 (retail value of nearly $125) or you can place your order on my website.

Now please continue hopping.  Your next stop will be to Tina Gale Husong's Blog.  

And then please come back tomorrow!  This Blog Hop goes all August long.  See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. oh, I like this! I haven't tried that one yet and I know it will be perfect in the future for my hubby. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!