9/19/2012

Close to My Heart La Belle Vie Birthday Card

It was raining on Monday and I had a down day.  I was not feeling particularly creative so I decided to go and investigate Pinterest.  I so LOVE Pinterest especially when I need some ideas.  I happily pin cards, patterns, crafts and recipes and then promptly forget to go back and look at what I pinned.

I believe that what I fill my mind with inspires my creativity.  But I needed a kick start so I went to my card bulletin board and was immediately attracted to a card I found here.  It was made by Debra Currier from www.ARTfeltImpressions.blogspot.com.  I wish that I could post a picture of the card on my blog, but I don't have permission so just click the link and you will see the card.

I needed a feminine birthday card.  I am not going to tell you who it is because I want it to be a surprise for the recipient, but it needed to be super special.  I wanted to use Close to My Heart's La Belle Vie paper because I think it is super chic.  So here is what I came up with.


This card is made with the Close to My Heart La Belle Vie paper pack (X7158B).  I stamped the rose background stamp and the bee in the corner directly on the paper.  The frame is stamped on two pieces of the patterned paper from La Belle Vie and then glued together with Bonding Memories glue (1512) to make it stronger.  I used the hatpins from the Bling Assortment (Z1466) and stuck them into a swatch of our Tulle Ribbon (Z1798) that I had gathered with a needle and thread.  The frame was pop dotted over the swatch of Tulle Ribbon.  Here is a closer view of the frame.



Not sure that you can see it in the picture but at the bottom of the frame is a pink ribbon that was stamped with the same stamp set, Jardin (D1528), that I used for all of the stamped images.  In the center of the ribbon I place a grey sparkle from our Grey  and Black Sparkle Collection (Z1754).

All of the supplies needed to make this card may be purchased here.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!