10/13/2012

La Belle Vie My Creations Star

My goodness was it hard to photograph this star.  I photographed it on my wall.  I photographed it at my crop.  Then I photographed it in my light box.  Beginning to feel like Dr. Seuss.  LOL  It still came out so dark.  One of my halogen lights went out to my light box and I ordered some new bulbs.  But I do like the detail I got in the photo of my burlap flower, so here we go.

First of all, remember that video I showed you a couple of days ago?  You can find it here.

And now I want to show you how I decorated my My Creations Star with the La Belle Vie paper pack (X7158B).


I used the My Creations Star template found here to cut the paper.  Before I adhered the paper to the star, I inked the edges and the center "creases" with our black pigment ink (Z2503).  The pigment ink pads are so easy to use for inking the edges of projects because the pad is so small.  I didn't even need a sponge dauber!

I then adhered the paper to the star with my ATG tape.  For the burlap flower I used Close to My Heart's Burlap Ribbon (Z1760) and my hot glue gun.  I will have a tutorial next week for this flower with lots of pictures so keep an eye out for it!

I embellished the burlap flower with a flower doily and a button from the Bohemian Assortment (Z1687).  I think it gives a vintage feel to my star and I am loving it!

If you do not have a Close to My Heart Consultant, I would love for you to visit my website for your scrapbooking needs.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!