4/22/2013

Let Them Eat Cake with H2H!


Welcome to this week's challenge at Heart 2 Heart Challenges.   I have been super busy the past couple of weeks.  The kids have soccer and my grandson and I are incredibly allergic to Memphis.  I love the blooms but if I spend any time outside in the beautiful, warm sun my eyes swell up and I get a huge headache.  So what is there to do but craft?

I am loving the challenge this week and decided to make it even more challenging for me.  Our challenge is to create artwork with a cake or cupcake - and for a little more of a challenge, add some Baker's Twine.  My challenge was to make a card with a different kind of fold.

Close to My Heart has tons of different stamp sets with cakes or cupcakes on them.  We even have cupcakes on our Cricut Cartridges.  So I had lots to choose from.  I decided on the stamp set called The Happy Couple (D1539).  And I just had to include the Bride and Groom on top of my cake.  It was just too adorable!

My card is called a Z fold card.  I have also seen it called an S fold card.  Here is my card:

I paired the For Always patterned paper with Gypsy cardstock and then I added a pop of Creme Brulee.  The shape that my cake is on is cut from the Cricut Art Philosophy.  The cake layers are stamped on Gypsy cardstock and Creme Brulee cardstock that has been sanded first to give it a little texture and to lighten the color a bit.  I needed a bit of embellishment so I cut the flag and the bells from our gray Glitter paper.  Did you know that you can stamp on our gray Glitter paper?  I stamped on it and then went over the stamped image with a black fine sharpie to make it dark enough to see so that I could cut the bells out.

Here is my card when opened:

The inside page is made by masking the center of the page with a replica of the front image panel.  I stamped around the mask with the floral background stamp from In the Background (D1540) inked up with Black Pigment Ink.

The front panels are made by scoring the front page in half and bending the front half back.  I attached the stamped image by adhering half of the stamped image to the front panel.  I completed the card by adding 3 grey sparkles at the top and at the bottom.

So now it is your turn!  Show us what you can do with our Cake/Cupcake challenge.  Please go to  heart2heartchallenges.blogspot.com and post a link to your project.  I cannot wait to see what you make!

Here are a few rules:  
*Our challenges are open to everyone!
*To enter, follow the challenge of the week and post your results to your personal blog or other online gallery.
*Be sure to go here and direct link to your challenge post so we can see your artwork! 
*In order to enter a challenge, you must use Close To My Heart products but your project does not have to be 100% CTMH.
*If you use something from another company, please consider including details in your project's description.
* You MUST mention H2H challenges in your blog post (and a link back to us would be appreciated).
*Spread the word about our challenge blog by including our badge on your blog.
* I love to leave comments on our participants' blog posts, but word verification slows me down, so please turn yours off so that I can leave you some love on your blog!
*Most importantly, have fun creating - the Close To My Heart way!
Note: Any entries not following the above rules are subject to having their link removed.

Like my artwork?  You can make it too.  I have included all of the products used to make ordering easy on my Close to My Heart website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!