6/15/2014

Stampers with an Attitude Focus on Summer


Welcome to the June Stampers with an Attitude Blog Hop.  This month I am following  {Denise Elliott.}  Our blog hop is a circular hop.  You just click on the link to the next blog on the bottom of this post and go visit the next blog.  If you get lost, I have listed all of the participating blogs at the bottom of my post.  Hope you enjoy seeing what our team has made for you.

This month our Stampers With an Attitude is featuring artwork with Focus on Summer.  Summer has finally arrived in Memphis, though it has been a very soggy summer so far.  

I grew up on the beaches of California so when I think of summer, I think of the beach.  So I wanted to make a special card with a beach scene on it.  Here is my card:




I usually  focus on one or two stamp sets for each of my cards but in this card I have done something different.  I have used stamps from five different stamp sets.  I was really in the mood to just play so I have combined lots of different textures and bling.  I used a chevron background stamp from the stamp set called In the Background (D1540).  I stamped Lagoon Ink onto Lagoon cardstock.  I think it gives a geometric wave feel to my ocean.  The sand is stamped in a similar manner using the stamp set Distressed Backgrounds (D1544) using Champagne Ink on Champagne cardstock.

I chose the cloud from Windy Day (D1579) and second  generation stamped the cloud using Slate ink.

Below is a list of supplies used.  They can be purchased on my website and sent directly to you!

Supplies Used




The next very talented artist for you to visit on our blog hop is {Fawn Carriker}.  

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the chevron as the waves - great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee/hee That is adorable and I love it! I had steered away from the baby stamp set not seeing past the obvious but it may just be on my next order. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card. Love that little whale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How organized you are! I am impressed that someone could just click on the particular product you highlighted and go right to that spot. I have so much to learn...
    Looking forward to seeing everyone soon at convention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute card! Love the layered chevron waves

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!