6/23/2015

Tumbling Blocks


I have a special card to show you today.  Before I discovered the wonderful things you could make with paper, I was a quilter and I made wonderful things with fabric.  Every once in awhile the two passions collide.

There is a quilting pattern called Tumbling Blocks.  When I saw the stamp set, Jumping Geometrics, I saw Tumbling Blocks in one of the stamps.  I had a little free time and was in the mood to color with my ShinHan alcohol markers.  Here is what I made.


This card is a sympathy card.  I like the sentiment, Treasured Memories, because when we lose a loved one, we still have the memories we made with them.  The background paper is a stamped image that I colored with my ShinHan markers.  The kids had a long dentist appointment so  I had plenty of time to color it while waiting for them.

This stamp only stamped a third of the panel at a time and I did not have a big enough acrylic block to give me a good visual to line it up when I stamped the second time.  Being a Close to My Heart Consultant, I must confess that I do have a block big enough, but it was hiding.  After a 10 minute search, I did the next best thing.  I went into "MacGyver mode".  This is what I came up with and it worked!


Not the best acrylic block in the world, but with a little care the Cuttlebug B plate worked.  I think that I lined the stamped images up pretty well and the coloring hid any boo boos.

The vine comes from the Close to My Heart Artbooking Cricut Collection and the Butterfly comes from the Close to My Heart Art Philosophy Cartridge.

Supplies Used

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!