1/30/2016

SWAA Focus On Charlotte/Easter Blog Hop

Welcome to February's Stampers with an Attitude Blog Hop.    Who are the Stampers with an Attitude?  It is the Close to My Heart team lead by my fabulous upline, Kimberly Moss. This month I am following  {Jen Patrick.}  

This month we are spotlighting Easter artwork or the Charlotte Paper Pack.  Our blog hop is a circular hop.  You just click on the link to the next blog at the bottom of this post and go visit the next blog.  If you get lost, I have all of the participating blogs listed at the bottom of my post.  Hope you enjoy seeing what our team has made for you.

I have been wanting to use the stag image from Woodland Romance (D1683).  It is such a strong, elegant image and I thought it paired well with the Charlotte Paper Pack.

Here is my card:



I started designing this card without any idea of how the finished project was going to look.  I knew that I wanted to pull out my watercolors and do a watercolor wash on the paper I stamped the stag image on.  After the panel had tried, I splattered some more watercolors onto the panel.  Then I stamped the stag with Memento Ink.  Do you see the spots on the stag?  For some reason the watercolor splotches did not get covered with the black ink.  I was getting ready to re - stamp the stag, hoping that I matched it up well, when my grandson told me not to.  He liked it that way.

I went to Pinterest to find some inspiration and found a card I liked and decided to CAS it.  It is designed by Christy Fulk.

I love all of the patterned papers found in Charlotte and used almost all of them in my card.

I want to thank you for visiting my blog.  The next very talented artist for you to visit on our blog hop is {Catherine Nowak}. 

Here is the February's Stampers with an Attitude Blog Hop Charlotte/Easter Blog Hop List.
    You can purchase any of the supplies listed below on my website.  


    Supplies Used

    5 comments:

    1. Ohh!! I love this card Melinda!!! I may have to scrap lift yours!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Your combination of the deer stamp with this paper was a delightful surprise. My brother would love this card, too!

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!