1/11/2018

In Any Case...with Melinda and Melissa



Join us twice a month as we CASE, “Copy And Selectively Edit”, artwork created by the Art Department of Close To My Heart as showcased in the current Idea Books and our Make It From Your Heart How-To Books.
On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, at 7 pm CST, we will direct you towards a piece of art and recreate it using the exact products or others that compliment its initial design. Tips, techniques and assembly directions will be shared in detail to help you recreate them on your own.
As you reproduce the items we have shared, post them on social media using the hashtag #ctmhinanycase. We will randomly search that hashtag and reward those who CASE our items. Winners will be announced on our blogs so be sure to follow us!

****************************************



This week I am recreating (and sharing all of the details) for the "Boy Wonder" card found on page 58 of the brand new, just released Seasonal Expressions 1 Idea Book. Don't have a copy of our new catalog? You will receive one free with your first order placed on my website or you can see it here online, or let me know you want one and I will be happy to drop one in the mail to you.

After you check out my sweet card, head on over to my Partner in CASEing, Melissa Robinson, and check out how to make the Supergirl card. Here is my version of the Boy Wonder card.


I used the Super Boy Stamp + Thin Cuts (Z4162) to cut out my Super Boy.  Then I stamped him out with the accompanying My Acrylix stamp using Archival Black Ink (Z3271).

Tip:  I used Archival Black Ink because I watercolored my Super Boy with my Watercolor Paints (Z3132) and our wonderful Paintbrush Set (Z3188) and Archival Black Ink is waterproof.

I let my little boy dry after I finished watercoloring him.

Tip:  I made a boo boo on his left tennis shoe.  I colored outside the line and then I tried to fix it.  The color red is not easily fixed and spread.  Oh NO!!!  I let it dry and painted over it with white watercolor paint and was SO relieved to see that the red was gone.

Here's the card diagram.

This is how I assembled the card.  I centered and adhered the Gray Weave Patterned Paper onto the Sapphire Cardstock (X5957).  I then added tape to the reverse side of the Sapphire Cardstock where the Grey Ribbon will go.  I then took the Light Grey Ribbon (Z4145) and adhered each end of the ribbon to the tape. I do the same with the twine.  Here's a picture.



Tip:  Applying tape to the reverse of your project and attaching your ribbon or twine will allow you to use less ribbon and twine on your project, saving money.  Who doesn't want to save money on their crafting?  The ends of the ribbon/twine will stay in place until you can adhere the panel to the card base, which is your next step.

Now you adhere the pieces of patterned paper, starting with the yellow patterned paper first.  Here's a picture of my project at this step.


I cut a slant from one end of the blue and white strip and the Sapphire pieces of patterned paper. The pieces are overlapping and slanted slightly as pictured.

Now I stamp the "Boy Wonder" sentiment using Cranberry Ink (Z2816) and then pop it up using thin 3D foam tape (Z2060). And I now can add my Super Boy image, also popped up.

Tip: I added 3D foam tape under the parts of the Super Boy image that attach directly to the card base, but I add glue dots to the parts that are attached to the popped up sentiment. This keeps the image level. Since my little boy was watercolored, he is slightly warped so this flattens him out.

Now I tied two knotted pieces of white twine (Z3216) and frayed the edges by unwinding the ends with my scissors. I just pick at them until they unwind. The card is now finished with Stargazer complements and Chelsea Gardens Dots & Gems (Z4155).

Other Supplies Used:
Chelsea Gardens Paper Pack (X7230B)
Stargazer Paper Pack (X7229B)
Stargazer Complements (X7229C)

Be sure to visit Melissa's Blog to see what she has CASEd. See you again on January 25, 2018 for the next episode of "In Any CASE..."! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!