3/22/2018

In Any CASE... with Melinda and Melissa


Join us twice a month as we CASE, “Copy And Selectively Edit”, artwork created by the Art Department of Close To My Heart as showcased in the current Idea Books and our Make It From Your Heart How-To Books.
On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, at 7 pm CST, we will direct you towards a piece of art and recreate it using the exact products or others that compliment its initial design. Tips, techniques and assembly directions will be shared in detail to help you recreate them on your own.
As you reproduce the items we have shared, post them on social media using the hashtag #ctmhinanycase. We will randomly search that hashtag and reward those who CASE our items. Winners will be announced on our blogs so be sure to follow us!

****************************************

In Any Case with .......... Melinda



and Melissa


This week I chose to CASE the GORGEOUS card on page 45 of the Annual Inspirations catalog. What do I mean by CASE? Copy and Share EVERYTHING!

Want to see this pretty card in the catalog but you don't have a copy of our new catalog? You will receive one free with your first order placed on my website or you can see it here online, or let me know you want one and I will be happy to drop one in the mail to you.

Here is my pretty card.



I decided to change it up a bit though and instead of stamping and embossing on White Daisy cardstock, as they did in the catalog, I stamped and embossed on our Vellum paper (Z3367). Did you know that you can emboss on Vellum paper (Z3367)? It embosses beautifully with no burning. So pretty and delicate.

I adhered a 3.25" x 4.5" piece of Bashful cardstock ((X5941) to the center of a 4" x 5.25" piece of the linen colored burlap patterned paper from our Basics Fundamental Paper Packet (Z3353). I then adhered a piece of the "loving" ribbon for our Basics Ribbon Pack (Z3364) 2 inches from the bottom. I tied a piece of knotted ribbon on the side. Now I could adhere this to a card base from our incredibly low priced (with great quality) White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack (X254) as shown.

The sentiment is stamped on a 3" x 4.25" piece of our White Daisy cardstock (1385) with Black Ink (Z2805) using our stamp set, Happily Ever After (D1747).



I popped up the White Daisy sentiment panel with Thin 3 D Foam Tape (Z2060). I absolutely love our Complements and the Art Department used our Better Together Complements (Z3357), but I chose to cut our Silver Foil Paper (Z3366) into small flowers and use them instead. Here is the Cricut Design Space file for you to use. You will need to have our Cricut Flower Market (Z3285) and Artiste to cut this file.


I recorded a short video to explain the embossing and coloring onto the Vellum paper. Watch this short video to see my technique for coloring on Vellum and some tips I have for embossing.




Products used in the video include: Versamark Ink Pad (Z891), Watercolor Pencils (new colors coming soon!), Paintbrush set (Z3188), Ranger Silver Super Fine Embossing Powder (Z2067), and Craft Heater (Z555).


To embellish my flowers, I added a small white gem in each of their middles from the Grey Enamel Gems Pack (Z3089).

Now please head on over to my Partner in CASEing, Melissa Robinson, and check out how to make her cute little cards. I know I am going to head over there!

Tune in again, on April 12th, for the next episode and be sure to CASE one/all of the artwork we highlight and tag it  #ctmhinanycase on social media. We'll come looking for you and you may be a prize winner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!