4/12/2018

In Any Case .............. with Melinda and Melissa


Join us twice a month as we CASE, “Copy And Selectively Edit”, artwork created by the Art Department of Close To My Heart as showcased in the current Idea Books and our Make It From Your Heart How-To Books.
On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, at 7 pm CT, we will direct you towards a piece of art and recreate it using the exact products or others that compliment its initial design. Tips, techniques and assembly directions will be shared in detail to help you recreate them on your own.
As you reproduce the items we have shared, post them on social media using the hashtag #ctmhinanycase. We will randomly search that hashtag and reward those who CASE our items. Winners will be announced on our blogs so be sure to follow us!

****************************************

In Any Case with .......... Melinda



and Melissa


This month Close to My Heart is featuring the Gimme Sugar Paper Suite, so I chose to CASE the beautiful layout on page 49 of the Seasonal Expressions 1 catalog. What do I mean by CASE? Copy and Share EVERYTHING!

Want to see this pretty layout in the catalog but you don't have a copy of our new catalog? You will receive one free with your first order placed on my website or you can see it here online, or let me know you want one and I will be happy to drop one in the mail to you.

Here is my CASE'd layout..



This layout has so many interesting parts and many do not become apparent until you start assembling your supplies. The base is watercolor splattered White Daisy cardstock (1385). The splattering is super easy. I mixed two of the pinks from our Watercolor Paints (Z3132) in a well of the lid and added some extra water.
Then I chose the medium brush from our Paintbrush Set (Z3188), loaded it up with paint and holding it about 18 inches above the cardstock, tapped the middle of the brush on my other hand. Watch out because the paint can fly to other projects as well! I added more paint to the brush and splattered until I was satisfied. I set the paper aside to dry, which doesn't take long.

The next step is to adhere the background pieces. And here are the measurements.





The pattern pieces and zip strips are from our Gimme Some Sugar Paper Pack (X7228B). The gold pieces are our Gold Glitter paper (Z3238). The dark pieces are Peacock cardstock (X5958), the pinkish pieces are Smoothie cardstock (X5985), and the white strip above the wood grain patterned paper is stamped flowers using our Gimme Some Sugar - Scrapbooking (D1758) Stamp Set and Tangerine Ink (Z2809).

After I adhered the strips (starting at the bottom of the base page between 2.5" and 9.5"), I adhered two .25" x 12" pieces of Bashful cardstock ((X5941) on each side of the pieced background.

Now I am ready to assemble the rest of the layout. I cut out circles using our Basic Circles Thin Cuts (Z3318). The OH MY Stars is stamped on a large White Daisy circle with Peacock Ink (Z2849). By the way, all of the stamps used in this layout are from the Gimme Some Sugar - Scrapbooking Stamp Set. Circles were cut from the PML cards on the PML sheet in the Gimme Some Sugar paper pack.

The roses were stamped using Bashful Ink (Z2819) for the base and Pixie Ink (Z2844) for the detail. The little flowers were stamped with Bashful Ink. The leaves were stamped with Juniper Ink (Z2865). And do you see the stars? They were second generation stamped with Tangerine Ink. Second generation stamping is when you ink your stamp with ink and stamp on a piece of scratch paper before you stamp on your cardstock piece. It gives you a lighter colored stamped image.

The Gimme Some Sugar paper suite has the most adorable embellishments, Gimme Some Sugar Cork Shapes (Z4153). They are made out of cork and are in flower and heart shapes. I have scattered them across my layout.

Of course, I liberally used Thin 3 D Foam Tape (Z2060) to add some dimension to my layout. And I finished the layout with a Peacock Stitched Ribbon (Z4144) Bow.

The photos for this layout are portrait 3" x 4" matted with 3 1/8" x 4 1/8" Smoothie cardstock and then matted again with 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" White Daisy Cardstock.

Now please head on over to my Partner in CASEing, Melissa Robinson, and check out how to make her cute little cards. I know I am going to head over there!

Tune in again, on April 26th, for the next episode and be sure to CASE one/all of the artwork we highlight and tag it  #ctmhinanycase on social media. We'll come looking for you and you may be a prize winner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!