11/08/2018

In Any CASE. . . with Melinda and Melissa


Join us twice a month as we CASE, “Copy And Selectively Edit”, artwork created by the Art Department of Close To My Heart as showcased in the current Idea Books and our Make It From Your Heart How-To Books.
On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, at 8 pm CT, we will direct you towards a piece of art and recreate it using the exact products or others that compliment its initial design. Tips, techniques and assembly directions will be shared in detail to help you recreate them on your own.
As you reproduce the items we have shared, post them on social media using the hashtag #ctmhinanycase. We will randomly search that hashtag and reward those who CASE our items. Winners will be announced on our blogs so be sure to follow us!

****************************************

In Any Case. . . with Melinda



and Melissa



Good evening! Melissa and I are CASEing artwork from our Holiday Expressions Catalog. Let me know if you would like a catalog. Did you know that if you place an order on my website, Close to My Heart will send you a free catalog with your order.


This week I chose to CASE the A Most Happy Holiday card on page 70. Oh and what do I mean by CASE? Copy and Share EVERYTHING!

After you see my post please head over to see what my partner in crime, Melissa Robinson has for you.

This card was super easy and fast to make. I used a 4.25" x 5.5" card base from our White Card and Envelopes Value pack (X254).

Here are the measurements for this card. The pretty patterned paper comes from the  Oh What Fun Paper Pack (X7238B).

  1. Clover Cardstock (X5995) - 4.25" x 5.5" 
  2. Diagonal striped pattern paper from Oh What Fun Paper Pack - 4" x 5.25" 
  3.  White Daisy cardstock (X6027) - 3.75" x 5"
  4. Pixie Cardstock (X6016) - .75" x 4.25"
  5. Tree Zip Strip from Oh What Fun Paper Pack - 4.25"
TIPS:
  1. Center the first 3 pieces of paper and adhere them to the card base.
  2. The Pixie Cardstock piece is place .75" from the bottom of the card.  The Zip Strip is adhered above the Pixie cardstock panel.
  3. I popped the Santa and the smallest ornament with Thin 3D Foam Tape (Z2060).
  4. I used the Oh What Fun - Cardmaking Stamp + Thin Cuts (Z4240)
  5. The Santa is stamped two times - 2 separate images.  Once with Raspberry Ink (Z2812) and again with Black Ink (Z2805).  Then I cut them out with the Thin Cuts and my cuttlebug.  I cut the Raspberry Santa Hat and Robe and adhered it to the Santa I stamped in Black.
  6. The ornaments are stamped in Clover Ink (Z6507), Pixie Ink (Z2844), and Raspberry Ink.
  7. The snowflakes are stamped with Lagoon Ink (Z2895) and Mint Ink (Z6503) and I placed a Bitty Sparkle (Z1263) in the center of the Lagoon snowflakes.
  8. And then I stamped "ho! ho! ho! in Black Ink.

The stamped panel is stamped using the Merry Trimmings Stamp Set (C1745) and Lagoon Ink (Z2895).

Tune in again, on November 22nd, for the next episode and be sure to CASE one/all of the artwork we highlight and tag it  #ctmhinanycase on social media. We'll come looking for you and you may be a prize winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!