1/10/2019

In Any CASE .... with Melinda & Melissa


Join us twice a month as we CASE, “Copy And Selectively Edit”, artwork created by the Art Department of Close To My Heart as showcased in the current Idea Books and our Make It From Your Heart How-To Books.
On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, at 8 pm CT, we will direct you towards a piece of art and recreate it using the exact products or others that compliment its initial design. Tips, techniques and assembly directions will be shared in detail to help you recreate them on your own.
As you reproduce the items we have shared, post them on social media using the hashtag #ctmhinanycase. We will randomly search that hashtag and reward those who CASE our items. Winners will be announced on our blogs so be sure to follow us!

****************************************

In Any Case. . . with Melinda




and Melissa



Good evening! Melissa and I are CASEing artwork from our new Seasonal Expressions 1 Catalog. Do you have one of our new catalogs? If not, let me know if you would like a catalog and I will be sure that you get one. Did you know that if you place an order on my website, Close to My Heart will send you a free catalog with your order?


This week I chose to CASE the Sending You Comfort card on page 71. Oh and what do I mean by CASE? Copy and Share EVERYTHING!

After you see my post please head over to see what my partner in crime, Melissa Robinson has for you.

I was so super excited when I saw this card. Before I papercrafted I was a quilter. I made many quilts - I handquilted and my quilts were very special to me.

So, now I can quilt using paper. How exciting! I received the Thin Cut - Stitched Square Frames (Z4259) last week and was blown away when I saw that it is not an ordinary square thin cut, but actually cuts a square frame. When I cut the white frame for this card, I hadn't even thought that not only would the frame be stitched, but the square cut out of the middle to make the frame would also be stitched. Here's what I cut to make the white frame surrounding the quilt pieces. You can see the double stitching on the thin cut. I used the mid-sized thin cut for this project.



Now let me show you our new Thin Cuts - Stitched Quilt Shapes (Z4258).
These thin cuts allow you to cut quilt shapes that are "stitched" and you can even add more stitching just like you would on a quilt. I used the larger triangle and the small square for this card.

The paper packs used were I Heart Us (X7242B), the pink dot paper from the Mix-in Paper Pack (X9003), and both the light and dark side of Bluebird cardstock (X5987).

After I cut all the triangles I needed, I took the stitched heart from the stamp set, Quilt Quotes (B1650)
and our Intense Black Ink (Z4189) and stamped the heart on the triangles. These triangles are not adhered yet, just placed side by side.



After I completed the stamping, I adhered the triangles on the White Daisy Cardstock (X6027) square from the inside of the frame. I could have adhered the frame first to the cardbase and then added the triangles, but I wanted to pop up the quilt block with Thin 3D Foam Tape (Z2060) and that would have been harder. I started with the yellow triangle in the corner.


So I have the quilt square complete and I need to adhere it to my card base. BUT I have to stamp my sentiment on the card base. Does that freak you out? It does me. So, I placed just the frame on my card base like this so I could see where to stamp. By the way, I used a 4.25" x 5.5" card base from our White Card and Envelopes Value pack (X254).


The frame wouldn't lie flat without adhesive and it moved easily so I put one of our blocks on it.

Then I stamped the sentiment using Intense Black Ink.


Whatever you do ..... RESIST rocking. I didn't. THREE times!


Yay!! Finally!

Next I adhered the yellow square to the middle of the quilt block. I picked out some small silver sequins from our Loose Sequins - Silver (Z4304) and applied it to each of the stamped hearts using a small dot of Liquid Glass (Z679) as pictured below.



I applied the Thin 3D Foam tape to the frame. The quilt square didn't have to be popped up because of the White Daisy square base.


Tune in again, on January 24th, for the next episode and be sure to CASE one/all of the artwork we highlight and tag it  #ctmhinanycase on social media. We'll come looking for you and you may be a prize winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!