2/14/2019

In Any Case . . . with Melinda and Melissa


Join us twice a month as we CASE, “Copy And Selectively Edit”, artwork created by the Art Department of Close To My Heart as showcased in the current Idea Books and our Make It From Your Heart How-To Books.
On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, at 8 pm CT, we will direct you towards a piece of art and recreate it using the exact products or others that compliment its initial design. Tips, techniques and assembly directions will be shared in detail to help you recreate them on your own.
As you reproduce the items we have shared, post them on social media using the hashtag #ctmhinanycase. We will randomly search that hashtag and reward those who CASE our items. Winners will be announced on our blogs so be sure to follow us!

****************************************

In Any Case. . . with Melinda

and Melissa



Good evening! Melissa and I are CASEing artwork from our new Seasonal Expressions 1 Catalog. Do you have one of our new catalogs? If not, let me know if you would like a catalog and I will be sure that you get one. Did you know that if you place an order on my website, Close to My Heart will send you a free catalog with your order.


This week I chose to CASE the Just Chillin' card on page 4. Oh and what do I mean by CASE? Copy and Share EVERYTHING! But this time I copied the main elements of the card and of course, the cute Got Snow? (C1764) Stamp Set. The Got Snow? Stamp Set is a Hostess Rewards stamp set. Usually you can only get it by using Hostess Rewards credit from holding a gathering but in the month of February, you will receive for FREE this stamp set as well as the 4 other Hostess Rewards stamp sets featured in the Seasonal Expressions 1 catalog by joining Close to My Heart as a consultant.




This stamp set is so cute, I would run, not walk to join Close to My Heart in February. Let me know if you would like more information. I would love to have you join my team.

After you see my post please head over to see what my partner in crime, Melissa Robinson has for you.

I teach monthly card classes and I love to use the cards I feature here in my classes. I turned the Got Snow? card into a birthday card. The card in the catalog used papers from 3 different paper packs. I love the papers in I Heart Us (X7242B) and chose to use papers just from that paper pack. Here's my card.



Inside of card.



Measurements for the Card
4.25" x 5.5"         Lined Patterned Paper
3" x 4.5"              Bluebird Cardstock (X5987)
2 7/8" x 3 3/8"    Rainbow Patterned Paper
1" x 3 3/8"          Blue Patterned Paper


The adorable bear is stamped with our Intense Black Ink (Z4189) onto the largest circle from the Thin Cuts - Stitched Circle (Z4181) while the Yay! is stamped with Thistle Ink (Z2840) onto the smallest stitched circle. I used Bluebird Ink (Z6508) to stamp the snowflake on the smallest circle from the Thin Cuts - Basic Circle (Z3318)


The inside is also stamped with the cute little penguin and is colored in with our Shin Han markers and our new Watercolor Pencils.  The stamp set, Something Fierce - Cardmaking (C1749), was also used to make this a Happy Birthday card.

Other Supplies Used
White Card and Envelopes Value pack (X254)
White Ribbon (Z4196)
I Heart Us Sequins (Z4270)

Tune in again, on February 28th, for the next episode and be sure to CASE one/all of the artwork we highlight and tag it  #ctmhinanycase on social media. We'll come looking for you and you may be a prize winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!