12/02/2010

Washer Necklaces

I got the instructions and ideas on doing these necklaces from Haley Dyer, another independent CTMH Consultant.  You can find her tutorial HERE!

Aren't these just adorable?  They are actually made from metal washers that you can buy at Home Depot!  I try and buy fender washers because they are lighter.  Then I mod podge paper to the washers, let it dry and embellish like crazy.  Then I cover the entire washer with Liquid Glass.  You can purchase Liquid Glass HERE and one bottle makes ton of washer necklaces.  I have been finishing both sides differently so it is like having two different necklaces.  You can use any sized washer, but my favorite is 1/2" x 1 1/2".

Thanks for looking and have fun crafting!

6 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! I have yet to try this, but you make it sound so easy :) Great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! these probably sell fabulously at craft fairs. I remember this style of necklace being popular when I was in high school.... ages ago.

    Timeless classic! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project Melinda! You could cross a lot of people off of your list with these gems! Thanks for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cool, I really need to try some out on my own. Thanks so much for joining us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your necklaces are so pretty. I have just tried a few of these myself and my 8 year old daughter wants them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great gift idea! They are a ton of fun to make. Thanks for playing along with H2H.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!