10/08/2012

Close to My Heart My Creations Bracket Frame

Have you ever had a picture that you loved - just because?  It might not be anything special, but it is special to you.

Every time I go through my pictures I would run into this picture and it would just make my heart smile.  Even though it was taken years ago (1991, to be exact), I decided that I just had to have this picture on my wall.  So I pulled out one of Close to My Heart's beautiful My Creations Bracket  Frames (Z1797) and set about creating.  Here is what I came up with:



The picture I was talking about is a picture taken on our front lawn when we were stationed at Columbus Air Force Base in Mississippi.  It is an adorable picture of my oldest child and my youngest child.  I have two daughters who are only 11 months apart in age.  They were teenagers when we were stationed at Columbus and had lots of friends (especially boys) who would hang out in our front yard.  My youngest son was only 4 years old, but he was positive that he belonged with the teenagers so he was always on the front lawn as well.  I just love this picture so I created a special frame to hold it and now I can smile every time I see it on my wall.

I used the Florentine Paper pack and My Stickease to decorate the frame (X7153B and C).  Then I made a gorgeous Burlap Ribbon (Z1760) using this fantastic video that Mandy Leahy made that you can see here.

And then I blinged it up. I don't think that you can ever have too much bling!


I used the Rhinestone Designer Brads (Z1360) in the center of my Burlap Flower.  I cut up the Sparkles Flourishes (Z1780) and positioned it around the picture and even used some of it as the butterfly antennas.

The sparkles I used came from the Bitty Sparkles (Z1263), Sparkles Blue and Green Assortment (Z1327), Sparkles Clear Assortment (Z1752), and a Sparkle Button from the Boutique Assortment (Z1763).


A close-up of the flower and the butterfly.  Didn't it come out well?

Would you like to make one of these frames?  I am offering this as a workshop at my home on November 10th.  I will be sending out details in my late October newsletter.  But you can make this even if you cannot attend my workshop.  The cost for this workshop is $25.  I can put it in the mail to you for an additional $5. It will come fully cut and ready to put together along with the instructions on how to put it together.  All you will need is the adhesive and your picture.

If you would like to purchase a kit, please pay with the PayPal button below.  In the drop down menu, there are two options.  One is for a local purchase where you will arrange pick up and the other is where I will mail it to you at an additional cost of $5 to cover the postage.



CTMH Bracket Frame Kit



If you would prefer to purchase the frame and design it yourself, you can purchase them on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!