1/27/2013

All That Glitters and H2H

Our challenge this week on Heart 2 Heart Challenges is to make something with glitter or that sparkles.  Now that is a challenge that I can wrap my craft around!  I like glitter and sparkles and bling so much that I named my team The Bling Team.

Next week our Close to My Heart Spring/Summer Idea Book goes live.

I love being a Close to My Heart Consultant because I get to use all of the new products the month before the Idea Book goes live.  So for this challenge I used some of the new products that you will be able to find in the Spring/Summer Idea Book.

We are only one month into 2013, but my family has already had many changes.  The first week found us moving into our new home and heading to Maui and then San Diego for a mini vacation.  We came back to find out that two of our grandchildren would be moving into our new house with us.  It is amazing how God works in our lives because our new house had 2 extra bedrooms which are now no longer extra.

My granddaughter, Kallista, is settling into her new room and is really a girly-girl.  So I decided to use our new Chantilly Paper Pack (X7163B) along with the Chantilly Complements (X7163C) to make this lovely Nameplate for Kallista to hang on the door to her room.


I started off with another new product, the My Creations 6" x 6" Canvas Display (Z1818).  Kallista REALLY loves pink, so let me apologize for all of the pink, but she absolutely loves it.  First I painted the sides of the Canvas Cotton Candy Pink.  Close to My Heart does not have colored acrylic paint so I made my own by mixing some Cotton Candy Reinker (Z2293) with a little Create-a-Shade Pearl Paint (Z1039).

After letting it dry, I cut a 5.75" x 5.75" piece of patterned paper from the Chantilly Paper Pack and then adhered it to the canvas with Mod Podge.  While letting that dry, I cut Kallista's name using the Cricut Artiste cartridge (Z1790) and our new Silver Glitter Paper (Z1829).  Can I say how much I love the new Glitter Paper?  It cuts like a dream with the Cricut and the glitter does not come off the paper.  LOVIN' THAT!

I decided that I wanted Kallista's name to really stand out so I cut a piece of Pear cardstock to put behind the letters.  And then I went to town decorating the Canvas with the adorable Chantilly Complements.  I love to embellish so I had to add more bling.  We have tons of new bling in our new Idea Book and I chose the Pink Glitter Gems (Z1807) and Blue Epoxy Bubbles (Z1806) to finish off my project.

I used Liquid Glass (Z679) to adhere the glitter letters and the Chantilly Complements.  Since this is going to be on Kallista's door I want to be sure that it stays stuck.  I also used a dot of Liquid Glass to accent the bird's eye.

So now it is your turn!  I would love to see what you can do with glitter and sparkles and bling.  Please go to  heart2heartchallenges.blogspot.com and post a link to your project.  

Here are a few rules:  
*Our challenges are open to everyone!
*To enter, follow the challenge of the week and post your results to your personal blog or other online gallery.
*Be sure to come back here and direct link to your challenge post so we can see your artwork! (You can see our sidebar for some simple instructions.)
*In order to enter a challenge, you must use Close To My Heart products but your project does not have to be 100% CTMH.
*If you use something from another company, please consider including details in your project's description.
* You MUST mention H2H challenges in your blog post (and a link back to us would be appreciated).
*Spread the word about our challenge blog by including our badge on your blog.
*Most importantly, have fun creating - the Close To My Heart way!
Note: Any entries not following the above rules are subject to having their link removed.

Do you want a new 2013 Spring/Summer Catalog of your own?  Just email me  and I will drop one in the mail to you.  This is my favorite catalog ever!!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!