3/25/2013

I Am So Egg-cited for Easter!

This week's challenge at Heart 2 Heart Challenges is to show how Egg-cited you are for Easter (or Spring)!

Spring is taking forever to arrive this year.  Quite a surprise after our last year with almost no winter.  We are visiting the Williamsburg, Va/DC area this week and had snow tonight.  Quite a lot of fun for my kids from Florida, but not a big change for those of us from Memphis.  We haven't had all the snow, but we have had the cold.

I made this card before I left to go on our vacation.  I got a bit crazy and used paper from 4 different paper packs.  The green patterned paper is from Chantilly, the blue is from Surf's Up, the honey colored patterned paper for the sun is from Tommy, and the Honey colored patterned paper under the green is from Buzz and Bumble.  I love how I can match patterned paper from multiple paper packs.  They go together so well with a little imagination.

Here is the card I made for this challenge:



I used one of the cutest stamp sets in our current book, B1422 Easter Wishes.  I used my Buttercup and Creme Brulee reinkers and my Waterbrush (1771) to color in my little chick.  Then I colored in the egg with our Sky and Topiary Alcohol Markers.  The beak was colored with Sunset reinker and the Waterbrush.  The sentiment comes from the Zip Strip from our Chantilly Paper Pack.  The only bling in this card came from our newly retired Heirloom Rhinestone Brads.

I used the Mojo Monday 285 pattern for my card.  It was a bit hard this week and had me stumped for awhile.

So now it is your turn!  Show us what you can do with our Egg-cited for Easter challenge.  Please go to  heart2heartchallenges.blogspot.com and post a link to your project.  

Here are a few rules:  
*Our challenges are open to everyone!
*To enter, follow the challenge of the week and post your results to your personal blog or other online gallery.
*Be sure to go here and direct link to your challenge post so we can see your artwork! 
*In order to enter a challenge, you must use Close To My Heart products but your project does not have to be 100% CTMH.
*If you use something from another company, please consider including details in your project's description.
* You MUST mention H2H challenges in your blog post (and a link back to us would be appreciated).
*Spread the word about our challenge blog by including our badge on your blog.
*Most importantly, have fun creating - the Close To My Heart way!
Note: Any entries not following the above rules are subject to having their link removed.

Like my artwork?  You can make it too.  I have included all of the products used to make ordering easy on my Close to My Heart website.

1 comment:

  1. Love the colors of this card, Melinda! And wonderful take on the Mojo sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!