9/02/2013

It's Color Challenge Time at H2H!


Welcome to this week's challenge at Heart 2 Heart Challenges.  Yes, we are having a color challenge this week.  Our colors are Barn Red, Cashmere, Sunset, and Gypsy for a little pop.  


I needed a birthday card for my grandson who is turning 15 next week.  I kind of knew that these colors didn't shout out 15 year old boy but I decided to go ahead and try it.

Once again I used the Stamp Set, Maximum Power, D1564.   This time I decided to use the cool Mustang image.  Now what boy would not want a Mustang?

Here is my card:



The patterned paper is from our retired Claire paper pack.  See the tire track banners?  I stamped those with the Maximum Power stamp set and then stapled them onto the card.  I wanted to give a more masculine feel.  The shape that the car is positioned on  (police badge) was cut from the Cricut Artiste Cartridge, pg 45, Accent 4.  My card base is 5" x 7".  The police badge was cut twice using my Cricut Gypsy.  Love my Gypsy!

Here is how I designed my Police Badge image.  With the Gypsy I can change the height/width ratio, which I did for this card so that the Police Badge would fit.  I changed the measurement to 5" height and 4" width.  I then took the Birthday sentiment (pg 86, , 3.75") from the Cricut Artbooking Cartridge and dropped it into place at the top of the badge.  This will allow the Birthday to cut out.  Then I hit cut and cut the Barn Red overlay of the badge.

After I cut out the Barn Red overlay, I went back into my Gypsy and deleted the Birthday and then went into the show/hide feature and hid the center cut of the badge.  This enabled me to cut the Cashmere cardstock solid badge image.

The car is stamped first with our Black Pigment Ink onto the Cashmere cardstock and then I stamped it again onto Sunset cardstock and cut it out and then popped it up with our 3D Foam tape.  The number 15 is made using our Irresistibles Houndstooth Alphabet.  These are chipboard numbers and letters that have a pattern on them that resist ink.  I sponged Gypsy Ink onto them and adhered them with Liquid Glass.  For some added ZING I added some Liquid Glass to the Birthday on the badge.

So now it is your turn!  What stamp set has you singing and dancing and what song are you singing?  After you finish your artwork please go to  www.heart2heartchallenges.blogspot.com and post a link to your project.  I cannot wait to see what you make!

Here are a few rules:  
*Our challenges are open to everyone!
*To enter, follow the challenge of the week and post your results to your personal blog or other online gallery.
*Be sure to go her
e and direct link to your challenge post so we can see your artwork!
*In order to enter a challenge, you must use Close To My Heart products but your project does not have to be 100% CTMH.
*If you use something from another company, please consider including details in your project's description.
* You MUST mention H2H challenges in your blog post (and a link back to us would be appreciated).
*Spread the word about our challenge blog by including our badge on your blog.
* I love to leave comments on our participants' blog posts, but word verification slows me down, so please turn yours off so that I can leave you some love on your blog!
*Most importantly, have fun creating - the Close To My Heart way!
Note: Any entries not following the above rules are subject to having their link removed.

Like what you see?  Head on over to my website and you can shop to your heart's content!  We have a bunch of specials this month as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!