9/13/2018

In Any Case. . . with Melinda and Melissa


Join us twice a month as we CASE, “Copy And Selectively Edit”, artwork created by the Art Department of Close To My Heart as showcased in the current Idea Books and our Make It From Your Heart How-To Books.
On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, at 8 pm CT, we will direct you towards a piece of art and recreate it using the exact products or others that compliment its initial design. Tips, techniques and assembly directions will be shared in detail to help you recreate them on your own.
As you reproduce the items we have shared, post them on social media using the hashtag #ctmhinanycase. We will randomly search that hashtag and reward those who CASE our items. Winners will be announced on our blogs so be sure to follow us!

****************************************

In Any Case with ... Melinda



and Melissa



Good evening! And the new Holiday Expressions Catalog is live now! What a big bunch of gorgeous products! Let me know if you would like one or if you would like to place an order on my website, Close to My Heart will send you one with your order.



I just love getting a new catalog with a ton of new artwork to choose from. I chose to CASE the Fabulous card on page 86. Oh and what do I mean by CASE? Copy and Share EVERYTHING!

After you see my post please head over to see what my partner in crime, Melissa Robinson has for you.

I always need birthday cards and this saying from Fabulous Birthday (C1747) is adorable! This card is 5.5" x 4.25" and I used one of the card bases and envelopes from our value pack (which is such a great deal!). I took a patterned paper from Oh What Fun Paper Pack (X7238B) measuring 5.5" x 4.25". The White Daisy cardstock is next measuring 3 7/8" x 5 1/8". The Peach cardstock (X5988) strip measures 4.25" x 1.25", and then the White Daisy circle is cut using the next to the largest circle from our Basic Circles Thin Cut Set (Z3318). The Smoothie cardstock circle (X6022) is cut with the Stitched Circles Thin Cuts Set (Z4181).

This card was a surprise to me. I didn't realize that it used the Opaque Matte Texture paste (Z4245) that is a new addition to our catalog. I also didn't realize that it was colored using our Peach reinker. It was also supposed to be colored with our Mint reinker, but I didn't have that yet so I painted over the peach texture paste with the Mint Glitter Brush. Do you realize how much fun this was? I got to cut a stencil using the new Stencil Sheets (Z4244) and my Cricut Artistry Collection (Z3500). So easy.

So here's some tips.

  • I mixed the reinker with the texture paste on a tupperware lid. Add a little at a time because you want it to be pastel.
  • I used washi tape to adhere the stencil to the White Daisy cardstock so it would not move while I was applying the texture paste
  • I applied the texture paste with one of our palette knives (Z4247) and spread it over the stencil like I was frosting a cake - I gave it a thin coat
  • Once I had covered the stencil, I removed the washi tape and washed the stencil so I can use it again
  • It took about 30 minutes for the texture paste to dry hard
  • The Silver Tinsel embossing powder (Z4248) embossed just like our silver embossing powder - you can see it melt
  • I used our Anti-Static Pouch (Z4220) before I embossed the image
  • The Silver Embossing Thread (Z4213) is wrapped over the Thin 3D foam tape and then popped up on the Peach cardstock strip

I finished off the card with our new Silver Glitter Gems (Z4191).

Here are the additional supplies I used for this project..
White Daisy Cardstock (1385)

Tune in again, on September 27th, for the next episode and be sure to CASE one/all of the artwork we highlight and tag it  #ctmhinanycase on social media. We'll come looking for you and you may be a prize winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!