8/01/2012

Second Day of the CTMH Cricut Artiste in August Blog Hop Plus Tutorial


Welcome to our second day of the Artiste in August Blog Hop!  This is a circular hop and  Pamela O'Connor is the blog in front of mine.  We are a group of Close to My Heart Consultants who are making a different project each day using our brand new Close to My Heart Exclusive Cricut Artiste Collection.  Each day we will be focusing on a different shape or box that you can cut out with this incredible cartridge.

The shape that we are focusing on today is the Gable Box found on pg 37 in the Cricut Artiste Handbook and pg 7 in the Cricut Artiste Assembly Book.  I used one of our new colors to make this box, the rich and lovely Ruby.

I had never touched a Cricut until last year when the CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy was released.  I love the Art Philosophy cartridge and I made lots of different shapes and stamped them with our coordinating stamp sets.  No more cutting.  Yay!  But I made very few 3-D projects.

So I want to show you that even a novice Cricut user can made beautiful boxes, bags and other 3-D projects with the Cricut Artiste cartridge. The Gable Box is found on pg 37 in the Cricut Artiste Handbook and pg 7 in the Cricut Artiste Assembly Book.  It was cut at 4", as indicated in the Cricut Artiste Handbook. Here is what the Gable Box looks like when you take it off of the cutting sheet.


The Cricut makes little cuts where the score lines are to be made.  I have found it easier to take my project to my Scor-Pal and score these lines rather than just folding it by hand and then going over it with my bone folder.  The picture below shows all of the folds after they have been scored and folder.


I sponged on our new rich brown ink called Saddle with one of my favorite tools, a sponge dauber.  I folded the inside bottom flaps in and noticed that they stood up a bit.  I chose to take my Bonding Memories and adhere these flaps so that they would stay down.


Then I folded the sides up and latched them.  It is starting to look like a box.  See how nicely the bottom flaps stay down?


And here is one side showing the side flaps latched in.


Voila!  My finished, inked box.  But it is looking kind of plain.  I think I will decorate it.


How do you like my Gable Box?  I have used our new Scholastic Paper Pack (X7159B) to decorate my box.  I love the rich colors and cut some panels out for the sides and ends of the box.  Then I used our upcoming National Stamping Promotion It's Your Day Double Stamp set because I really loved the sentiment, Life is Good.  The sentiment was stamped onto one of the patterned papers from Scholastic.


How do you like my little card for my box?   Yes, another shape from the CTMH Cricut Artiste Cartridge.  But I need to confess that I cheated when making this card.  I used my Gypsy to change the height-width ratio.  I wanted more of a square card.  I do love my Gypsy!!  The card is made using the patterned papers again.  The star is also stamped with Outdoor Denim ink on patterned paper from Scholastic after I cut it out with the Artiste cartridge.  

The star and the sentiment are in one of the stamp sets that comes in the CTMH Cricut Artiste Collection.  I knew that star would be perfect to embellish my card, but I was tired and looking through the Artiste Handbook really didn't appeal to me.  I made a wish that the page number would be on the stamp carrier sheet and looked to find that it is on the carrier sheet.  Can you believe that?  That makes it even easier to create with this awesome Cricut Artiste Collection.

I finished off the card by sponging the edges with Saddle Ink, popped up my star with foam tape, added 2 little blue sparkles from the Blue/Green Sparkle Collection, and threaded and tied Outdoor Denim Bakers Twine through the card.


Now let me tell you something about the CTMH Cricut Artiste Collection pictured below.


  • The Cartridge has 700 images - Themed Projects, Cards, Font, and 3-D Items
  • Has 3 My Acrylix D-size Stamp Sets that coordinates perfectly with the shapes cut out by the Artiste
  • Has 3 Coordination 12" x 9" Dimensional Elements Sheets including a Mini Album
Contact me today to get the entire collection  for just $99 (retail value of nearly $125) or you can place your order on my website.

Now please continue hopping.  Your next stop will be to Tina Gale Husong's Blog.  

And then please come back tomorrow!  This Blog Hop goes all August long.  See you tomorrow!


5 comments:

  1. A-dorable!!! Great tutorial too. =) I'm loving this hop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. I love how easy this little box comes together, it may be my favorite cut on this cartridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. I love how easy this little box comes together, it may be my favorite cut on this cartridge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're Amazing! This box is so super cute. I love that little tag and all the details. Great tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one :) Your tag is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!