8/02/2012


Welcome to the third day of the Artiste in August Blog Hop!  This is a circular hop and  Pamela O'Connor is the blog in front of mine.  We are a group of Close to My Heart Consultants who are making a different project each day using our brand new Close to My Heart Exclusive Cricut Artiste Collection.  Each day we will be focusing on a different shape or box that you can cut out with the Cricut Artiste cartridge.

Today and the next two days are "pick your shape" days.  The name of my Close to My Heart team is The Bling Team so, of course, I wanted to focus on Bling.  What better way to get your "Bling on"" then with a Tiara?  And the CTMH Cricut Artiste cartridge has the cutest Tiara that you would ever want to cut on page 69 of the Cricut Artiste Handbook.  I wanted to make a Tiara that I could make in quantity for a little girl's party or even a teen's party so I practically had to break my sponge dauber finger to keep myself from inking the edges.  I really like my edges to be inked......

As I have said before, the CTMH Cricut Artiste has Themed keys.  The Tiara is found on the Birthday Girl key.  Can you think of a better name for it?


I am not in love with my picture.  It is much cuter in person.  Standing a Tiara up is not the way to display it.  I looked around the house to find someone to wear it, but no one was home.  Almost got my sweet ragdoll cat, Jazzie, to wear it but after she slapped me twice I was afraid I was going to get blood on it.  So you will just have to take my word for it that it is cute.

I have a bunch of our blingy Sparkles on this Tiara and in the middle you will see a rub-on from our Pear & Partridge Complements (X7162C) with a pink Sparkle in the middle.  I really think that the bottom part of the Tiara needed some decoration and found the cutest swirls and star on the Blessings of Peace Stamp Set (B1406) but I couldn't decide what color ink to use on my Blush card stock Tiara.  This is where I really enjoy papercrafting - playing with color and paper.  I stamped the swirl a number of times on a scratch piece of blush card stock and decided to use one of our new colors, Whisper, pigment ink.  I was hoping for a silvery look but it didn't stand out enough on the Blush card stock.

I love how we can see through our stamps since they are acrylic.  So I stamped swirls with Black pigment ink over the Whisper swirls.  Our pigment inks are in cubes that measure 1.25" x 1.25".  Really easy now to ink up only parts of a stamp and because they are acrylic I can see what I have inked and what I haven't.

Hmm ... now it is too dark.  I pulled out our new Chalk marker (Z1767) and drew over the Black swirls and now I loved it.  But the star was not exactly right.  So I colored the star with our new Silver metallic marker (Z1768).  Well now it is almost right.  So I grab the bottle of Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel and put it on the stars.  Perfect!

And here are some of the members of The Bling Team wearing their Tiaras at our last Team Meeting.


 We have a great group of ladies.  By the way, did you know that there is a new Consultant kit special?  You can receive a gorgeous Damask tote bag, the exact one that we received at Convention, absolutely free!  Here is a picture of it.
And here is a link to the information on joining The Bling Team.  We would love to have you on our team and you don't have to be local to join us!

Now back to the Cricut Artiste.  Look at all you receive with the CTMH Cricut Artiste Collection.


  • The Cartridge has 700 images - Themed Projects, Cards, Font, and 3-D Items
  • Has 3 My Acrylix D-size Stamp Sets that coordinates perfectly with the shapes cut out by the Artiste
  • Has 3 Coordination 12" x 9" Dimensional Elements Sheets including a Mini Album
Contact me today to get the entire collection  for just $99 (retail value of nearly $125) or you can place your order on my website.

Now please continue hopping.  Your next stop will be to Michele Eickholt's Blog.  

And then please come back tomorrow!  This Blog Hop goes all August long.  See you tomorrow!


4 comments:

  1. Love your project choice! I need to make a few of these for Bevyn's bday party on Sunday. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make one for my daughter- she'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute tiara. Looks like your team had a fun meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you ladies know how to have fun! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!