4/10/2011

How Would You Like to Join Us at H2H in Reducing, Reusing and Recycling?

Woo Hoo!  It's a new week with a new H2H Challenge!  At H2H we are going green for Earth Day and creating artwork while reducing, reusing and recycling.  I had to take a totally different look at my house and my art supplies with this challenge.  I went shopping in my attic!  I also picked up some of my partially finished projects and this is what I came up with:


This is one of Close to My Heart My Creation Journals.  I have never put one of these together before, but they are so easy to decorate.  The front page is made using one of my unfinished projects, paper bag book covers.  In support of a non-profit that I do volunteer work for, I made about 50 paper bag book covers, but I had one more left and was just not in the mood to make any more, so I used this last one for my journal.  In addition I added Olivia My Stickease, old silk leaves from a former project, some of our old Connections Club Charms and bling as well as some retired flowers.  The ribbons are from my stash and include retired as well as current.  I am trying to reduce my stash so this worked well.


Inside front cover.  Olivia patterned paper and more My Stickease.  The insides of the flower have a little glitter with Glitter Gel.  Can you see the sparkle?  
Another picture of the inside front cover including the paper that comes in the journal.  Lots of room for journaling and doodling or even drawing some card or layout designs.

Inside back cover.  Again I used the My Stickease and stamped a quote.  Isn't this gorgeous?  I just love this elegant flower.

And then finally the back of the journal.  I just cut out a piece of the patterned paper and matted it.  It really didn't need anything else.  You can also see all of the ribbon.  Kind of went crazy with it, but it is growing on me.  

Please check out the other design team member's projects:


and then create your own project using recycled or repurposed items.  Remember that it does not have to be a card.  We love to see anything that you make. Your projects must include CTMH products, but do not have to be 100% CTMH.  If other products are used, a list or description of what was used would be appreciated. Remember to post it on the Heart 2 Heart Challenges Blog.  You could win some fantastic prizes from our April Sponsors, LeAnne Dudley and Michelle Zimmerman.

One more thing ......... 
On April 18, we will be sponsoring our first blog hop - the H2H Bunny HOP and we want you to play along.

Here are the details: Before Monday, April 18th, create something Easter or Spring themed. Post it to your blog. Then on Monday April 18th, add your link to our Mister Linky here on the H2H blog. You can ONLY post your link between 8:00 am EST and 8:00 pm EST on that Monday!! After 8:00 pm, the link list will be closed and no other entries will be added through the week. You also MUST include CLOSE TO MY HEART products or your link will be removed. Then through out the day, you can bunny hop among the links to see what everyone has created.

We would love to see a big turn-out for this hop so spread the word! There will also be one random blog hop participant chosen to win a prize so you want to play along!! 

7 comments:

  1. I love how you reused so many items. The result is colorful and delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job with this challenge Melinda. I have yet to do one of these journals, I just might have to now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea Melinda! I save all extra stamped images and embellishments from my workshops, so I have tons. I may have to do something like this. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, to use up so many of those bits & pieces we all have sitting around! Your journal is beautiful :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful journal Melinda! Awesome way to use up some leftovers. The ribbon edge is fab! I'm intrigued by your paper bag book covers too, will you post a pic sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melinda, this is gorgeous - a wonderful showcase of repurposed items! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful journal Melinda! I love that you used unfinished projects and products to make it. I have a TON of unfinished projects lying around. You have inspired me to use them on something. Great job, as always! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!