4/17/2011

Join Us on Our Bunny Hop at H2H!

Welcome to our Heart 2 Heart Bunny Hop! This week is another week of From Our Heart to Yours and our Design Team is sponsoring this hop for all our CTMH fans.  The challenge this week is to create Easter or Spring artwork and then link it back to our Heart 2 Heart Blog.  


I spent some time deciding what I wanted to make.  A few years ago when I first started working with paper and stamps, I used to wonder how people made such cool 3D altered projects.  I never saw myself doing this and definitely never saw myself designing these projects.  It's amazing what a few years can do to change your vision, creativity, and ability.  


I do not have a whole lot of Easter stamp sets and almost all of them are retired.  I pulled out the March Stamp of the Month, Sensational Season, and an older retired stamp set called Welcome Baby that had a real sweet chick on it.  


Then I needed to think about what to do with them.  I wanted to do something other than a card so here is the outside of what I came up with and may I say that the best is found inside of this cute box.

I decorated the outside but did not add much extra to it because I knew that it would get some wear and tear and I did not want it falling apart.  Now check out what is found inside of the box.


I made an Easter tic tac toe!  The bunnies and chicks are stamped on cardstock and colored in with our markers.  Then I attached them to flat bottomed marbles (that is one name for them - also called decorative rock) with Liquid Glass. Then I attached magnets to the bottom, again with Liquid Glass. 


Now I needed a piece of metal.  So I spent some time in Lowe's and I know the man in the building supply section thought I was crazy, but he pointed me to the sheet metal and even cut it for me.  They are so nice there!  You see, I wanted my tic tac toe game to be magnetic so that my grandkids could play with it in the car on trips so I needed a piece of metal to put in the bottom of the box so the bunnies and chicks could stick to the game and my grandkids would not lose the pieces.


I found the neatest box at Hobby Lobby which I painted white.  Then I used our Mayberry Level 2 paper pack to decorate the box and make the tic tac toe board.  The sheet metal is under the squares and the Dimensional Element frame is over the edges of the sheet metal.  By the way, the sheet metal is adhered to the box with our fabulous Liquid Glass.

I have to tell you about the pictures of the project.  I am visiting my daughter and grandsons in Florida this weekend and we are attending a baseball tournament that my grandson is playing in.  (By the way, they won their first championship this weekend and I am so excited!)  Anyway, these pictures are taken in the back of my car by my daughter while we were waiting for the championship game to start.  She is much better at photography and got these pictures in 3 tries!  Am I ever happy!
Now, please check out the other design team member's projects:

and then link your own Easter or Spring project to our H2H Bunny Hop.  You 
can ONLY post your link between 8:00 am EST and 8:00 pm EST on that 
Monday!! After 8:00 pm, the link list will be closed and no other entries will be
added through the week. You also MUST include CLOSE TO MY HEART products or your link will be removed. Then through out the day, you can bunny hop among the links to see what everyone has created.

We would love to see a big turn-out for this hop so spread the word! There will also be one random blog hop participant chosen to win a prize so you want to play along!!   Remember that it does not have to be a card.  We love to see anything that you make. Your projects must include CTMH products, but do not have to be 100% CTMH.  If other products are used, a list or description of what was used would be appreciated. Now be sure and head back to the  Heart 2 Heart Challenges Blog and follow the link list to the next participant. Also, remember to check back through 8 pm as more links will be added during the day and you don’t want to miss out on the other artwork!    

13 comments:

  1. Love it! The guy at Lowe's must not be married to a crafter!
    Congrats to your grandson, too!
    Love the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative and adorable project!!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melinda, this is fabulous!!! What a wonderful idea - would definitely make a fantastic gift. Love how you made the game pieces - ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melinda this is amazing!! I bet the kids love it - just a fabulous Easter project :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Your grandkids will love it! What a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melinda,
    This project is darling. You are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool project! I'm sure the grands will love it. Thanks for your detailed directions too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! What a great game to play in the car on the way to Grandma's house :) Cute and Genious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well if that is not the cutest tic tac toe game I have ever seen! It's just adorable! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a Super Duper Cute Idea! I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!