6/28/2012

Replacing Stitching with Faux Stitching

I have been wanting to try out this cool “stitching” technique called faux stitching ever since I saw it on Lisa Stenz’s blog here.  There is no gel pen involved.  Instead you use Close to My Heart white cored cardstock, our dry embossing tool,  a sanding block, our awesome ruler, and our paper piercing tool.

I took this sweet card pictured on page 74 of Close to My Heart’s 2012 Spring/Summer Idea Book.
1-0612_newsletter-cards
Isn’t the machine stitching pretty?  The patterned paper used is from the Lucy paper pack.

Well I took the same design and stamp set and came up with this card replacing the machine stitching with the faux stitching technique.  Here is my card.
1-Tree Card
Same card pattern, same colors.  I had to replace the patterned paper with cardstock so that I could sand it for this technique, but pretty much everything else is the same.

Check back over the weekend for a tutorial for faux stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!