7/23/2013

Scrapbooking Your Memories Are Important


With all of the upheaval in the Scrapbooking Industry and the bankruptcies and changing directions of some of the major players. I was surprised to find an article in our local paper about scrapbooking memories and how important it is for future generations.

From 1899 to 1917, Mrs. Grace Hall Hemingway scrapbooked her family's memories.  These became the mother lode of information for future generations chronicling Ernest Hemmingway's early life. The scrapbooks were donated to the John F. Kennedy Library after Hemmingway's death, but were so fragile that they have been kept locked up in a vault until now.  These scrapbooks can now be seen online here in digital format.

“These scrapbooks, lovingly compiled by Grace Hemingway, provide an unprecedented glimpse into the making of one of the greatest writers of the 20th century,” said Tom Putnam, Director of the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum. “From the everyday minutia of childhood, to priceless early correspondence and writings, the scrapbooks are a treasure trove for anyone interested in the early life of Ernest Hemingway."



Grace Hemmingway included pictures, journaling, correspondence, and even Ernest's schoolwork in her family scrapbooks, much like what we do today.  I would like to think that our scrapbooks today will be in better condition in 100 years because technology has come some far in the materials used to make our products.  However, it seems that we scrapbook in the same way that Grace Hemmingway did.  We tell of our day to day life for future generations to enjoy.

I am proud to be a Close to My Heart Consultant.  We have quality products that are fun to use and very trendy.  Our founder and CEO, Jeanette Lynton, once said in her blog, "as long as little girls are born with hands, they will want to create."  I believe that.  Creativity takes me to my happy place and when I can include memories of my beloved family, so much the better.

So, what does that mean for you?  Are you an experienced Scrapbooker looking for quality products or are you new to scrapbooking and you are looking for some great how-to books and guides on ideas how to start your new hobby?  Close to My Heart can provide for both and everything in between.  Our How-to books are the best in the industry with wonderful cutting directions, layout ideas, and technique instructions.  Our albums are top notch and affordable.  After lovingly creating your cherished family keepsakes and photos, you do not need to place them in a poorly constructed album.


Our catalog, also known as an Idea Book, can be found online, and I invite you to check it out for yourself. Have any questions?  I am only an email away at mkgmt@aol.com.

Are you a Creative Memories Consultant or Customer looking for a new home now that Creative Memories is getting out of the traditional scrapbooking product line?  You Are Welcome Here, either as a customer or as a Close to My Heart Consultant.  Here is a link to the questions that I am frequently asked about becoming a Close to My Heart Consultant.   

If you do not have a Close to My Heart Consultant yet, I would love to become your Consultant and share with you my love of preserving family memories and relationships through the art of papercrafting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!