6/29/2015

Going Fishing



The end of June is a busy cardmaking time for me.  We have 4 birthdays in 2 days.  Today is my hubby's birthday.  I lucked out the other night and instead of cardmaking I unpacked a ton of boxes from our move 2 1/2 years ago.  They had been living in a closet since we moved and it was time to purge.

Score!!!  I found some unfinished card fronts.  And these were not just any card fronts.  These were brayered card fronts.  I found the perfect card front for my husband's birthday card and wanted to share the finished card with you.


The stamp set used is a retired stamp set that is still in my possession.  It is called Relax (C1237). That stamps are designed to be a distressed look.  I wanted it to look like a silhouette so I colored the two fisherman and the boat in with my Black Shin Han Marker.

The background was made using a brayer, which is a roller that looks like a paint roller.  You roll the roller part in ink and then roll it onto the paper.  You keep adding different colors of ink and really soak the paper.  I love the look of it and it really makes a special card for a special man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!