7/21/2015

Tweet


Have I ever said that I love being a Close to My Heart Consultant?

One of the reasons I love being a Consultant is that I have lots of scrapbooking products within reach.  I don't have to travel to one of my neighborhood craft stores when I get in the mood to be crafty.

When I saw these pictures, I knew that I had the perfect paper and embellishments to showcase them.  Here is my layout.


The story behind this layout is Tweet was a sparrow and fell out of its nest and was raised by a little girl.  She let the bird go when it got older, but it would come back to the little girl whenever she came outside of her house.

I used the now retired Close to My Heart Skylark paper pack, complements and embellishments.  I took the bird from the Close to My Heart Cricut Artiste Collection and "hid" the wing that would normally be cut out.  I love being able to do that with my Cricut Explore!  Then I used the Close to My Heart Artbooking Collection font to spell out Tweet.  I welded the bird to the top of Tweet so my cute little bird is perched on top of the "T".

I cut Tweet out twice.  Once in Lagoon cardstock and once in Desert Sand cardstock.  I layered the Lagoon on top of the Desert Sand, but then shifted it slightly so my title has dimension and looks like it is distressed.

I love the blue and green colors and I added a lot of embellishments.  The words at the bottom came from the decorative zip strip from the top of one of the 12" x 12" patterned papers.  I added some mini staples as embellishment on the ends of the zip strip.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!