10/11/2018

In Any Case ............... with Melinda and Melissa


Join us twice a month as we CASE, “Copy And Selectively Edit”, artwork created by the Art Department of Close To My Heart as showcased in the current Idea Books and our Make It From Your Heart How-To Books.
On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, at 8 pm CT, we will direct you towards a piece of art and recreate it using the exact products or others that compliment its initial design. Tips, techniques and assembly directions will be shared in detail to help you recreate them on your own.
As you reproduce the items we have shared, post them on social media using the hashtag #ctmhinanycase. We will randomly search that hashtag and reward those who CASE our items. Winners will be announced on our blogs so be sure to follow us!

****************************************

In Any Case with ... Melinda



and Melissa



Good evening! And the new Holiday Expressions Catalog is live now! What a big bunch of gorgeous products! Let me know if you would like one or if you would like to place an order on my website, Close to My Heart will send you one with your order.



The weather has finally turned cooler here in Memphis and I am in the mood for Christmas. I wasn't prepared for how I would love this pretty pink and green Christmas card. This week I chose to CASE the Oh What Fun Christmas card on page 65. Oh and what do I mean by CASE? Copy and Share EVERYTHING!

After you see my post please head over to see what my partner in crime, Melissa Robinson has for you.

May I say that I am totally in love with our new Fancy Tags (Z4305) - Thin Cuts? These are a MUST HAVE! Some of the tags are stitched and really make your card extra special.



It also uses the Oh What Fun Cardmaking Stamp + Thin Cuts (Z4240) to stamp and cut the tree and stamp the sentiment. I stamped with Clover Ink ((Z6507). Look at this adorable Santa Claus! Can't wait to use him.



This card is 5.5" x 4.25" and I used one of the White Card and Envelopes Value pack (X254) (which is such a great deal!).

Here are the measurements for this card. All of the patterned paper comes from the  Oh What Fun Paper Pack (X7238B)

  • 5.5" x 4.25" of clover patterned paper for the base
  • The White Daisy cardstock is next measuring 3.75" x 3.75"
  • 3.5" x 3.5" Green and white patterned paper
  • The tag is cut out of the pink dotted patterned paper
  • The tree is stamped onto white daisy, thin cut, and then popped up with Thin 3D Foam tape (Z2060)
  • I used a 1" x 4.25" piece of Raspberry Cardstock about 1/4" from the bottom of the card and then added .25" x 4.25" of the striped zip strip
  • Then I stamped "Merry Christmas) onto a .5" x 3.25" of White Daisy cardstock, dovetailed the ends, and popped it up with Thin 3D foam tape as shown
  • I tied a bow with the pretty Raspberry Baker's Twine (Z4216) and adhered it to the  card with Glue Dots - Micro Dots (Z2089)
  • Final step is to add the sparkly Silver Glitter Gems (Z4191)

This card is really festive in person so I hope you decide to make one as well.  It is a very simple pattern.

Tune in again, on October 25th, for the next episode and be sure to CASE one/all of the artwork we highlight and tag it  #ctmhinanycase on social media. We'll come looking for you and you may be a prize winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!