8/04/2012

Spooky Happenings with the Artiste in August Blog Hop


Welcome to the fifth day of the Artiste in August Blog Hop!  This is a circular hop and  Pamela O'Connor is the blog in front of mine.  We are a group of Close to My Heart Consultants who are making a different project each day using our brand new Close to My Heart Exclusive Cricut Artiste Collection.  Each day we will be focusing on a different shape or box that you can cut out with the Cricut Artiste cartridge.

Today is a "pick your shape" day.  I picked a bunch of different shapes for today.  I love Halloween.  I love the colors and all of the super cute stamp sets and embellishments that we have in the 2012 Autumn/Winter Idea Book.  So I picked shapes from the Eek! and the Halloween key.

Remember the Halloween box that I made for the Stamp of the Month Blog Hop?  Here it is closed.
.

It is actually a really pretty box.  But I wanted to build on it.  Look at happens when you open the box .......



Isn't that just too adorable?  When you open the box, these two headstones pop up.  They actually pop up just like I hoped they would.


Here is a closer downward view.  The gravestones stand up on their own.  The cat, the skull, and the spider are popped up with 3-D foam tape.


I cut everything that you see with the Close to My Heart Cricut Artiste Cartridge.  That includes the gravestones, the black cat, the skull, the spider, the spider web, and the Spooky. I inked everything, put the tiniest red sparkles for the cat's eyes, and I used red Glitz Glitter Gel in an hourglass shape on my spider's back.  I used my piercing tool to mold the hourglass while the Glitz Glitter Gel was still wet.  Want to know how I got my gravestones to pop up?


I used our adhesive springs!  I used Liquid Glass to join two adhesive springs per gravestone and to attach the springs to the base and to the gravestone.  Just hold them for a minute or so and the Liquid Glass will hold tight.  I just love that product!


Here's another view.  I am delighted that this worked!  Tomorrow I am participating in another blog hop in addition to this one called the New Product Blog Hop.  Come back and see what is under my gravestones .... and it ain't dirt!

Don't you really want the Cricut Artiste?  Look at all you receive with the CTMH Cricut Artiste Collection.


  • The Cartridge has 700 images - Themed Projects, Cards, Font, and 3-D Items
  • Has 3 My Acrylix D-size Stamp Sets that coordinates perfectly with the shapes cut out by the Artiste
  • Has 3 Coordination 12" x 9" Dimensional Elements Sheets including a Mini Album
Contact me today to get the entire collection  for just $99 (retail value of nearly $125) or you can place your order on my website.

Now please continue hopping.  Your next stop will be to Denise Hobb's Blog.  

And then please come back tomorrow!  This Blog Hop goes all August long.  See you tomorrow!


3 comments:

  1. SO clever! Great use of the springs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The box turned out great!! It's totally adorable.
    ~Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your grave stones and the googly eyes on your owls. Everything is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!