8/27/2012

Artiste in August - Pumpkin Box

Welcome to the 28th day of the Artiste in August Blog Hop.  This is a circular hop and  Pamela O'Connor is the blog in front of mine.  We are a group of Close to My Heart Consultants who are making a different project each day using our brand new Close to My Heart Exclusive Cricut Artiste Collection.  Each day we will be focusing on a different shape or box that you can cut out with the Cricut Artiste cartridge.

When I looked to see what I was making today I saw that it is called the Pumpkin Box.  Looking at pg 78 in the Artiste Handbook, the box did not look like a pumpkin to me.  So I went to pg 60 in the Assembly guide, and the box looked kind of squat to be a pumpkin.

But I decided to carry on with an open mind and in looking at my patterned papers I chose the orange patterned paper from the Flirty paper pack for the pumpkin.  I cut my pumpkin out at 5.5".  Then I chose the green patterned paper from Pear & Partridge for my pumpkin leaf and vine.  I really liked these colors together.

Here is my box.



I took a piece of waxy flax and threaded it through the holes in the "sides" of the box.  I tied the sides together with a bow and then took a brad, put it through the vine and then threaded the brad's legs through the top two sides and opened them up.  I had tried to hold the entire box together with the brad and never could get my hand inside the box to open the brad.  I then spent a little time to shape my pumpkin box so that it would not be flat.  This is the best I could do.  The edges are sponged with black ink.  What do you think of my little pumpkin box?

Featuring the Cricut Artiste Collection in the Artiste in August Blog Hop


  • The Cartridge has 700 images - Themed Projects, Cards, Font, and 3-D Items
  • Has 3 My Acrylix D-size Stamp Sets that coordinates perfectly with the shapes cut out by the Artiste
  • Has 3 Coordination 12" x 9" Dimensional Elements Sheets including a Mini Album
Contact me today to get the entire collection  for just $99 (retail value of nearly $125) or you can place your order on my website.

Now please continue hopping.  Your next stop will be to Tina Gale Husong's Blog.  

And then please come back tomorrow!  This Blog Hop goes all August long.  See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!